Why DeMotte Christian Schools?
Welcome to DeMotte Christian Schools! Thank you for taking the time to get to know us and see what quality, Christian education is all about! This website is a great way to find out more about our school, but we’d love to meet you in person. When you visit the schools, you get the chance to witness first-hand the energy, laughter, love and learning that fills our classrooms. To schedule a personal tour, please contact our Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator, Kate Dyke, at 219-987-3721. We’re looking forward to meeting your family!
How we’re different…
We have students and teachers, desks and blackboards, and bells and recesses like any other school, but there are some important differences.
- We are a Christian School. When Jesus said, “Follow Me”, He wasn’t just talking about Sundays. Time and time again the Bible tells us that following Jesus is a way of life. We want to help teach that way of life every day in all subjects.
- We view education to be a total plunge into the study of God’s marvelous world.
- When the currents of different beliefs and philosophies swirl around our young ones, we try to help give children the confidence to know where they are going.
- We strive to provide quality education. The student to teacher ratio is less than 20 to 1. Each student is recognized as unique. Remediation and enrichment programs are available to meet the needs of our students. Standardized test results show our students averaging in the top quarter of all students tested in the United States.
- We are a community. We partner with parents in their efforts at home and church to train their children according to God’s Word.
Our school is not perfect. The power of sin has its effects within the walls of our school, too. But we truly are a Christian school community, rooted in the knowledge that Christ is the Lord of creation and life.
We’re looking forward to learning more about your family! Here’s how to apply for enrollment:
- Complete the online Application For Enrollment in its entirety.
- Ask your Pastor to complete and return the Pastor’s Confidential Recommendation Form to DeMotte Christian Schools.
Ask school officials at your child’s current school, to complete and return the Student Information Form to DeMotte Christian Schools, if applicable.
One of the members of our office staff will contact you to schedule a formal interview with the Education Committee once we’ve received your application and forms.
The Education Committee then makes a recommendation to the School Board. The options are to make a recommendation for full admission; a recommendation for conditional admission or to make no recommendation.
The School Board normally meets the first Tuesday of each month.
Please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Kate Dyke, with any application questions! You can email her at email@example.com.
Indiana Choice Scholarship
Choice Scholarships provide State funding to qualifying students that can be used to offset tuition costs at participating Choice schools. Students qualify based on student eligibility criteria and household income.
The Indiana Department of Education, Office of School Finance, administers the Choice Scholarship Program.
Parents and students will apply at a participating Choice school. The application window for the school years closes annually on September 1.
The application window for the school year closes on September.
No. The Choice Scholarship is a year-long award. It is only necessary to apply for the spring semester if the student has been withdrawn from the school and wishes to use a Choice Scholarship to attend a Choice School in the spring semester. Want to learn more?
Questions? We’re ready to answer them! Contact the DMCS Finance Manager, Shelley Dexter, at 219-987-3721 and she can help you navigate the process! Learn more about the Indiana Choice Scholarship Program specifics here:
Want more information?
We understand you probably have questions! Choosing the right school for your family is an important decision. Here are a few ways you can get more information:
Schedule a Tour! You can either call us at 219-987-3721 to schedule or let us know you’d like a tour when you send us a message via the website.
Or contact our Admissions and Student Recruitment Coordinator, Kate Dyke, directly. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 219-987-3721 and ask for Kate.