Applying to College
Colleges consider your:
- Courses taken during high school
- GPA of freshman through your senior year, so don’t give up!
- Class rank
- College entrance test scores (ACT/SAT)
- Teacher and/or counselor recommendations (ask early!)
- Extra-curricular involvement and community service
Deadlines for colleges and scholarships start October 1. Many colleges have deadlines of November 1.
Make sure you’re paying attention to your deadlines!
Make sure you know ahead of time if the school uses Common App or Send Edu! See Mrs. Rodriquez if you need a copy of your rank, GPA, and course list!
You MUST let Mrs. Rodriquez know where you’ve applied to, so that she can send along your transcript. If you do not, your application will be considered incomplete!
Common App Questions!
There are tutorials on YouTube to walk you through your Common App, so the handful of you who are still working on that- this could help answer your questions! Most of these are pretty short (like 1 minute) and are broken down into the sections of the Common App. Totally worth your time!
Also, here’s a great article for seniors and juniors with common Questions about the Common App!
Scholarships and Financial Aid:::
- Students Must Opt In or Out for Second Choice Major: In the last application cycle, students could simply put down a second choice major if they wanted. This year students must opt in or out of choosing a second choice. If the student does choose to have a second choice major, they will be asked to answer the “Why Major” short answer question again. Students can explore our majors alphabetically, by Purdue college or by career interest at www.purdue.edu/majors.
- November 1*
- Early Action application deadline
- December 15
- Deadline to submit the Supplemental Scholarship Application and FAFSA (for students who want to be considered for scholarships awarded by our colleges)
- January 15
- Regular Decision application deadline
- January 15
- Release date for those who met the Early Action application deadline
- March 1
- Priority FAFSA deadline
- March 15
- Date by which students who met the Jan. 15 Regular Decision application deadline will have an admission decision.