In 1940 the DeMotte Christian School was organized by a group of parents from the First Christian Reformed Church of DeMotte. Their desire and purpose was to educate their children in a school where God’s Word was central to all of learning. During the fall of 1947, DeMotte Christian School opened and classes were held in the basement of the church. In 1948 a two-room school building opened on the present location. Several additions have since been made to meet the school’s growing needs.
In the fall of 1999, after decades of planning and prayer for a Christian high school, the dream became a reality when Covenant Christian High School opened to its first ninth grade class. In the three subsequent years, another grade level was added, so that by the fall of 2002, the school had freshmen through senior students. In the spring of 2003 the first class graduated with 15 students, along with two exchange students who received recognition for their time at Covenant.
In 2014, Covenant Christian High School merged with DeMotte Christian Grade School to form DeMotte Christian Schools.
DeMotte Christian Schools’ grade school campus includes a newly renovated gym, junior high science room, and computer lab. An expanded curriculum enables students to receive a well-rounded, Christ-centered education in all disciplines. The Discovery Center works with students needing additional resources to succeed at school. The Omnibus program and split classes offers students additional educational challenges in grades 2 through 8 as well.
Our high school campus began in portable classrooms but now offers a modern building with a full size gym, classrooms, computer lab, library, cafeteria, athletic fields and more!
With about 400 students enrolled from pre-school thru 12th grade, DMCS is an excellent resource for families who want their children to receive a quality education taught in a uniquely Christian way.